In the past you were forced to download (a sometimes huge) software client to your computer in order to play poker online. It usually didn’t even matter if you were looking to play poker for real money or just for play money chips. However now the Entraction poker network (one of the biggest European based poker networks) and numerous other poker networks have introduced a web poker client with which you can play poker straight on your web browser. Best of all the java client is for both Microsoft and MAC OSX users, and it works on pretty much every web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox.
To play poker games with the web client you need to open an account at any of the sites below, and if you want to play for real money you also need to deposit money to your poker account with any of the numerous poker depositing methods.
Top 5 Poker Sites With Web ClientPoker web client hits and misses
– Good number of no limit texas holdem games. Including cash games, tournaments and one table tournaments
– Full access to all the promotions. Even though you are using the web client you get to enjoy all the same promotions sas the people using the downloaded version.
– Great choice when you can’t download poker software for some reason (work, university etc).
– Uses much less processing power and resources than traditional software downloads.
– Can’t play as many tables at the same time as multitabling is restricted.
– Lack of full table fixed limit games. Obviously the situation is same for the people who use the downloaded version, but either way the poker room in question doesn’t really have full table fixed limit games running.
– The first time you use the web client it takes a bit longer to load. Depending on your internet connection the firs time you are playing using the web based poker system it will from 30 seconds to couple minutes to load it.